[C320-list] Early Catalina 320 Battery fuses

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 31 17:23:35 PDT 2019

250 amp slow fuses on terminal blocks on the positive posts are fine. Big enough so your starter won't knock them out. Small enough so any major short will.
Make sure all cables connected to the battery are connected through the fuse.
Also, tighten all battery connections firmly with a ratchet. Loose battery connections can cause big problems.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 5:40 PM, dmcnamara3 at woh.rr.com<dmcnamara3 at woh.rr.com> wrote:   Hello,
I have an early Catalina 320 1994  #64 that does not have fuses at the batteries.  I have been looking through the 320 forum but I cannot find a reference for the size or type of fuse that has been added to these early boats.  I do not have a starting battery, my system comes straight from each battery to the A-B selector switch to the starter motor.  I was looking at the Bay Marine Single MRBF Terminal Fuse Block Kit  as a fix but wondered about the amperage of the fuse.
I am running 2 4D batteries I do believe they are 950 CCA.
Any help or insight would be appreciated.
thanks,
Dan