[C320-list] Second (hidden) HIN

Mike Bird mgb-avalon at yosemite.net
Sun May 12 17:45:19 PDT 2019

On Sun May 12 2019 16:43:02 Greg Flanagan wrote:
> Mike, how is it your 320 is a MKII in 2000 as mine in pre MKII and it is a
> 2006? Did you or a previous owner “upgrade” it?

The C320 design has seen several upgrades through the years.  If
memory serves the deeper bilge and cockpit coaming were improved
around '95 and '96.  Then a bunch of minor upgrades in '99 resulted
in what was then called the Mk II:

   https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/catalina-320-mkii
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_320

However another Mk II seems to have arrived around '07:

   https://www.sailmagazine.com/boats/catalina-320-mk-ii

Personally I just ignore the marketing and enjoy the sailing.

--Mike