[C320-list] Latch for head door

allanfield47 at gmail.com allanfield47 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 07:33:15 PDT 2019

We took a different tack with the head door on SS2 and SS3.  Think of a hook and loop that keeps a door, such as a gate or screen door, closed.  We reversed this by putting the loop on outside of the door and the hook on the inside of the head on the doorframe.  The big advantage of doing this is that air circulates through the head when we are away and under sail, cutting down on odors.  Secondarily, we don't have to be concerned about the door latch giving way while under sail which it often did.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C387, #103 (formerly C320, #808)
Columbia, MD