[C320-list] Swtiching between fresh water tanks

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 11:37:52 PDT 2019

 On my 1994 Cat320 (#32)  I have a forward (v-berth) water tank and another under the main cabin port couch. The v-berth tank sits slightly higher. Both tanks feed to a common line and each tank has its own shutoff valve on the tank (not very convenient). Like John Dean described, I find that if I leave both tank valves open, when the forward tank runs dry the port side tank acts like it's empty too (apparently the system sucks air) even though there may be plenty of water in the port tank.  So, I pump water first from the v-berth tank and keep the port tank valve closed until I start to lose water, then I close the forward tank valve and open the port tank valve.
Dave Hupe
Holland, MI