[C320-list] Swtiching between fresh water tanks

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri May 17 06:57:50 PDT 2019

On the c320.org website, look I the left side of the page for a box that has a bunch of words on it.  One of those says 'upgrades'.  Click 'Upgrades' and it takes you to articles tagged as upgrades.  The 4th article is about moving the water tank valves.Jeff
-------- Original message --------From: Guy Smith <smitski2001 at yahoo.com> Date: 5/17/19  9:37 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com, C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] Swtiching between fresh water tanks  Hey All!I've seen the posts from a few of you that have had their water tank valves moved to a more convenient location.Does anyone have a write-up or pics to show how this was done?This seems like a great project...Best regards,~gLiz & Guy Smithsv Pleiades '97 C320 #452Worton Creek, MD    On Friday, May 17, 2019, 7:59:50 AM EDT, Doug Treff <doug at treff.us> wrote:    On my 1996 (#350), a previous owner relocated the valves under the galley sink as some here have mentioned. I try to use the aft tank first because I have found that if I run it dry, the pump primes more easily from the full forward tank because it's higher in elevation. If I do the opposite, the lower elevation of the aft tank makes it more difficult for my pump to re-prime itself after switching the valves.--Doug Treffdoug at treff.usOn Thu, May 16, 2019, at 9:26 PM, Dave Hupe wrote:>  I have no aft tank on my '94 Cat320 (#32).  I have the v-berth area > tank and the other tank is just forward of the Nav Station under the > port side couch of the main cabin.   > Dave Hupe> Holland, MI>    On Thursday, May 16, 2019, 05:51:50 PM EDT, Scott Thompson > <surprise at thompson87.com> wrote:  >  >  I've never had that problem on my 1999 boat even though I leave both > valves open all the time. I'm wondering if it's related to the placement > of the valves. I have the valves under the aft cabin berth on the port > side, right next to the pump. Perhaps the "sucking air" issue occurs > when the valves are further removed from the pump after moving them to > the location under the galley sink. This might change the flow of water > between the two tanks when both valves are open.> > BTW, did you really mean "port side tank?" My aft tank is on the > starboard side.> > Scott Thompson> > Surprise (#653)> > > >  >