[C320-list] AIS

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Fri May 24 11:17:40 PDT 2019

Scott;

I installed AIS on Fiddler’s Green a couple of years ago and think it is a great addition to navigation.  Like Pat, I suggest looking at an antenna splitter if you already have a masthead VHF antenna as the range will be much better than an antenna mounted at deck level.  I went with a Vesper XB800 and the Vesper antenna splitter.  I liked the Vesper product because it will both tie into an existing network, 0183 or 2000, and create a local-area wifi network that allows me to connect my iPad and use it as a backup MFD running all my navigation apps.  Here is a link  <https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=341&sort=0&page=1>to an album I posted on the 320 Association website with a little more information.

Mark
Fiddler’s Green, #8
Tacoma, WA