[C320-list] Air draft?

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Sat May 25 09:47:43 PDT 2019

On my No. 232, the listed air draft is just over 48 feet, but the vhf antenna sticks up almost 3 feet above the masthead, and the wind sensor is about a foot above the masthead. The delivery captain told me he made it under a bridge with a listed 50 foot clearance when he brought her to New Orleans, but that he could hear the antenna hit each of the beams as he went under.  For that reason, I usually assume 51 feet.

Mark Seyler
Sent from my iPhone