[C320-list] Access to holding tank pump out and vent connections

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Tue May 28 07:15:53 PDT 2019

Scott:
Make sure the vent hose is not clogged. If you overfill the tank and continue to pump, the sludge goes up the vent hose; the air leaks out at hose clamps.
On the outside, it has a pvc-type cover that screws onto the hose fitting. Under the starboard settee, the vent hose is on the top of the tank.
Disconnect the cover and the hose from the tank and run a stiff wire -- I keep a clothes hanger around -- to clear the hose.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320Tierra Verde Fl.Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 9:53 AM, Scott Thompson<surprise at thompson87.com> wrote:   We are out cruising and getting terrible odors in the cabin ( especially the aft cabin, through the closet ) whenever we flush.  I had the yard replace all hoses two years ago. I’m thinking a hose clamp has slipped. We pumped out yesterday and that went fine. There is no evidence of leakage into the bilge. I tried to get access by removing the medicine cabinet but couldn’t figure out how to remove it without first removing the four hoses in there. And since I wasn’t sure I could get them installed again I quit for now. (Don’t want to end up with disfunctional head while cruising.) Is there a trick I’m missing?