[C320-list] 3GM30F V BELTS

John morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Tue May 28 07:18:02 PDT 2019

These belts don’t normally suffer a catastrophic failure, mine were 1999, but really in need of replacing, they should last easily a good 10 years. I wouldn’t carry spares unless in the Caribbean. I had a spare alternator belt but couldn’t find it!
Also my water pump impeller was 3 years old, and I inspected it whilst replacing the V belt. Two of the vanes had broken off but were still in the pump so, luckily I didn’t need to go chasing after them in the heat exchanger! The book says the impeller should be replaced after 300hrs, mine had nowheres near that time. On winter layup I’m going to take the impeller out of the pump so the vanes are not squashed in freezing temps in the pump. This has been recommended by others on this site.
Cheers
JohnM
1999#574