[C320-list] Trojan batteries

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 3 06:41:33 PST 2019

Hi Troy:

Thanks for the response. It’s nice to confirm that it is possible to fit golf cart batteries in there, however awkward it is.

I think I may take a stab at removing the OEM battery boxes. They are so low that they wouldn’t prevent battery acid from getting into the bilge, which is a main purpose.

I currently have four group 24s installed by the p.o. They run port to starboard because they are too long to fit in the boxes. I use standard battery boxes, but can’t use the tops because of clearance. I use webbed battery straps bolted to each side of the settee to restrain the batteries.

I originally thought to put in 4Ds, but the local Interstate dealer wouldn’t sell them to me because he has had so much trouble in the past with them. “I don’t want you back here yelling at me in six months,” he said.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528
Tierra Verde, Fl.
Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay