[C320-list] Cleaning Sunbrella

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Nov 11 05:27:45 PST 2019

Sunbrella has an extensive line of interior upholstery fabric that is really durable and soft. Because it's typically solution dyed acrylic, it doesn't get all gross smelling like any natural fiber like cotton/linen/wool based fabric will get on a marine environment.We work with it quite a bit for interior work these days.Jeff Hare#809
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Burti <clburti at gmail.com> Date: 11/10/19  7:53 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] Cleaning Sunbrella Allen,We had Sunbrella upholstry in our last boat…wonderful stuff..Thanks,Chris BurtiFarmville, NCFrom: allanfield47 at gmail.comSent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:33 PMTo: C320-List at Catalina320.comSubject: Re: [C320-list] Cleaning SunbrellaHmmm, I have not heard of Sunbrella being used inside of a boat...  Are you positive Sunbrella was used?-----Original Message-----From: C320-list <c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com> On Behalf Of KenSent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:24 PMTo: C320-List at catalina320.comSubject: Re: [C320-list] Cleaning SunbrellaPeter,Sunbrella has good cleaning and weather proofing videos online.  I use their 303 cleaner and lightly scrub with a soft brush in my bath tub before rising well with shower nozzle, letting dry, and water proofing.  Have done this every year or every other year on topside sunbrella depending on use and dirt over the year.  Still looks and works great. Good luck.KenMoonDancer1089Sent from my iPhone> On Nov 10, 2019, at 6:01 PM, Chris Burti <clburti at gmail.com> wrote:> > You can certainly wash them in the machine on gentle cycle. A couple of tips:> Sunbrella recommends not using detergent as it degrades the waterproofing, use soap.> Use 303 Fabric Guard to renew waterproofing and aid stain resistance.> > Thanks,> Chris Burti> Commitment #867> Farmville, NC> > From: nibj> Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 5:31 PM> To: C320-List at catalina320.com> Subject: [C320-list] Cleaning Sunbrella> > Our “new to us” 320 has nice sunbrella covered cushions with mesh backing in the saloon, V-berth and state room, but after removing them today for winterization I realized they smell bit musty.  Looking online it seems to be OK to wash them in the machine, but do people actually do this?  I don’t want to ruin one of the nicest parts of the boat (and the online pages don’t mention the mesh backing).> > Thanks> Peter> > Tangled #226>