[C320-list] Need Advice on RayMarine C80 MFD Repair/Replacement and Intermittent Start Button

Allan Field allanfield47 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 05:38:31 PST 2019

Hi Dave - When we purchased our C387 3 years ago, we had the same issues
with the chartplotter that you are describing.  The issues were found at
survey so the PO had them fixed.  The unit was sent back to Raymarine,
repaired, and was returned withing something like 2 weeks.  There also is a
guy in Durango, CO who services Raymarine equipment and has a good
reputation, based on everything I have heard about him.  I even sold him
some excess parts a few years ago.  His name is Dan Gerhardt,
C250 at mydurango.net.  I would recommend that your questions also be directed
to Dan.  As for changing out the Raymarine instruments, I believe that the
real question is how to interface old SeaTalk instruments with newer NG
(next generation) instruments.  I have seen a lot of stuff out there in the
past on NG but don't remember the solutions but my aging memory is that
there are incompatibility issues, meaning everything may need to be changed
out.  Hope this helps...
Allan S. Field