[C320-list] Major LP gas system failure!

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 14:51:56 PDT 2019

 Hey All!
An update on the gas leak on Pleiades....
I got the Tank, Regulator, Solenoid and Hose off the boat pretty easily.The Tank, Regulator and Solenoid are available as OEM replacements from Catalina Direct. Customer Tech Support  was awesome.
The hose runs through a conduit more or less under the Port cockpit locker, under the Refer and lower stove shelf and exits beside the Hot Water heater under the sink.It slid out pretty easily with a piece of the line tied and taped around it so I can pull the new hose through.
I took the hose home and connected one end to a stop valve and the other to the gas bottle to pressure check it since there was no obvious blowouts or damage to it.Turns out the hose was not the leak... :(  ...I plan on replacing it anyway...
So now I need to rig up a temporary connection to the stove with my portable compressor and pressurize it to see what's leaking in it's components....I don't see any obvious rubber parts in it, so I'm baffled as to what might be the culprit. Might be a threaded fitting that blew out?
The hose is not directly available via Catalina Direct, but he said he could get one made for me. It's 17 1/2 foot long. I'm thinking I can find one or get one made local.I'll call around tomorrow to see what I come up with.
Anyone have to replace parts in their stove?
Best Regards,~g
Guy and Liz Smithsv Pleiades'97 C320 #452Worton Creek, MD