[C320-list] Mastbase mainsheet block

Bob Hoyt rehoyt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 13:40:33 PDT 2019

On my 1994 Catalina 320 the mainsheet goes straight to a block at the
center of the base of the mast. The issue is that the sheet gets caught
under the middle hatch as it travels back to a turning block and then the
cam cleat. I realize that I can simply be sure the hatch is open when I am
sailing but this is not always practical, particularly in inclement
weather. I have tried to look at options around the mastbase but haven't
found any. Have others used an eye to divert the mainsheet laterally or
whatever solutions are practical?

Bob Hoyt
Ikigai
1994 Hull #58
Pensacola, Fl

--

*Robert (Bob) Hoyt MD, FACP, ABPM-CI*

*Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Internal Medicine*

*Virginia Commonwealth University*

*Richmond, VA*

*CAPT (Ret) USN*

InformaticsEducation.org  <http://InformaticsEducation.org>