[C320-list] Incorrect Perkins Engine Parts

Bill Carr bcarr8239 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 5 11:46:43 PDT 2019

When I had the same problem with my Perkins I opted to replace it with a new Volvo they share the same block as the Perkins. This allowed me to keep the existing reversing gear and minimized the modifications needed for the installation. It is very quiet and produces no smoke with the new computerized controls.It did require swapping the oil pan with the shallower pan from the old Perkins. The oil pan bolted exactly to the new block. It maybe possible other parts are exchangeable as well?
 Bill Carr
 Utopia 1994 #31
Seattle Wa

Sent from my iPad