[C320-list] Repacking the Packing Gland

Art Harden artstree at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 19:40:42 PDT 2019

If you buy a 3/4 PVC plug it is 1” in diameter. I drilled a 1/4” hole at the direction of wraps and then wrapped the packing four times and then cut them at an 45* angle with a razor blade. This gives you three pieces of precut packing. Then place in the sheave with 120* rotation between joints. You will need to adjust it about 3-4 times before it will all seat fully.

Buy a cheap pick set at Harbor Freight or hardware store to help pull out any old packing.

Art Harden
Catalina 320 “Tortuga” #243
937-477-5544