[C320-list] adding an inspection plate to the fuel tank

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Wed Sep 25 09:20:22 PDT 2019

I talked to a guy at Ezell that said the baffle wasn’t really necessary in a 19 gallon tank and the access port was more important.  With over half of the tank tucked under the cabin mold, you can’t get at an access port on the forward side of the baffle so the only way to efficiently be able to clean the tank is with a single access port and no baffle.

I’m personally glad the new tank does not have a baffle.  I feel it is very important to be able to inspect and clean the inside of my tank and, on the 320, the best way to do that is with the single access port and no baffle.  Otherwise, I would have to remove the tank the get at the second access port.

Like Lou, I dealt with clogged fuel filters from crud in the old tank often enough to want to do everything I can to keep the fuel in my tank clean.

Mark
Fiddler’s Green, #8
Sent from my iPad