[C320-list] Sailing in the time of coronavirus

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:38:10 PDT 2020

In Chicagoland, half the yards will not allow boat access.  My yard now has
very restricted access hours (Sat and Sun only, 8am - 4pm). Chicago harbors
are part of the city park district, and have been closed in accordance with
governors stay at home which is until April 30th, preventing early harbor
access (April 15th).  Latest communication from Chicago harbors states they
expect the state's stay at home to be extended past April 30th, affecting
our season's normal harbor open date of May 1st.  And I believe all yacht
clubs are closed, no access (at least my club is closed, but assume all IL
clubs are closed).  Penalty for attempting to enter a harbor during this
time is possible revoke of harbor pass.  And we are to find out by end of
week if partial refunds for shortened season can be expected.

I have heard that the Waukegan harbor is open, but the boat yard is closed
to all access, and all launches canceled, and only a small handful of boats
were able to launch before that yard closed.

Curious about other Great Lakers current experiences.

-Christian Caperton
1994 C320 #138 "Canuck"
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL