[C320-list] Ground tackle

John morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 11 12:20:04 PDT 2020

I’ve got 130’ of high tensile 1/4” chain. It fits the 1/4” gypsy on the anchor windlass. The chain is connected to 200’ of three strand nylon rode. Anchor is a 15kg Rocna. I’ve never used all of the chain anchoring in the Thousand Islands Lake Ontario cruising area. However I also put down a 12lb kellett, which adds to the chain weight and helps keep the chain rode parallel to the lake bottom. It also keeps the rode away from the wing keel.
JohnM
1999#574