[C320-list] Subfloor for cabin sole

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 07:48:13 PDT 2020

Sub-flooring, 3/4".

On a boat - marine plywood.

Regular plywood even though A-B exterior grade at Home Depot might look great.
Has less ply layers, voids & adhesive than marine ply.

I needed a dinghy to row out to the mooring.
I investigated plywoods and their adhesives.
Boats & canoes are built with exterior grade plywood.
No.

I built with Okume marine plywood.
Expensive but beautiful.  Easy to cut, bend, plane, sand, fasten & finish.

Marine plywood is what I would consider to use on my C320 and
coat the bottom with a System Three Epoxy coating or Gluvit.

First however I would be interested in what the other C320 owners have done to solve this issue.