[C320-list] Fuel Tank Replacement

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Apr 24 05:12:28 PDT 2020

I completely second this suggestion.  I first saw Pat Tormey use this thing
to refuel underway and after I got my jaw off the deck (after years of the
refueling funnel dance) I bought a pair immediately.  It's such a brilliant
concept and works so fast.  We have a 1" for diesel at home to fill the
tractor and it'll drain a 5 gallon tank in less than a minute.  In
hindsight, the 3/4" version we use on the boat is easier to handle and also
very fast to drain a 5 gallon jug.  After years of pouring into a huge
funnel and dealing with splashing and overflows, this is the next best thing
to a fuel dock.

We have inserted an inline shutoff valve in the hose about 8" from at the
outlet end.  That makes it easy to shut it off when full without having a
full hose of diesel overflowing.  You can easily dump excess back into the
fuel can for less mess.   All problems solved now.  We store it inside a
pair of large ziplock bags when not in use.  No need for bulky funnel now.

It's a must-have in my opinion.

We got ours from here:  https://safetysiphon.net/

-Jeff