[C320-list] Relocating Racor filter

David Veeneman davidv at veeneman.com
Mon Aug 3 09:43:16 PDT 2020

I am in the process of replacing my (stock) Racor 220R filter with a Racor 500 and moving it—the location in the engine compartment is too low to get to the drain, and the spin-on design makes replacing filters a pain.

I’m planning to install the new Racor in the starboard lazarette, mounting it on the aft berth bulkhead. Here’s my question: The mounting location is a foot or so above the fuel tank. Does that lift present any problem for the fuel pump on a Perkins diesel?

--
David Veeneman
Dana Point, CA