[C320-list] Running engine with seacock off?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 03:45:47 PDT 2020

Looks like Lady Luck was on my side
Pulled the hose between the manifold and muffler. No evidence of charring or delamination and it retains flexibility.   I will replace it as a precaution but it’s actually rather a difficult size to procure locally here in UK so I’ll get a length via mail order

Likewise the impeller which was intact with no “flats” on the tips of the blades which I would have expected had it run super hot

My guess is there was enough water in the system that wouldn’t all get pumped out due to air locks, to keep it lubricated and cooked for the few minutes it was running

But I’ll replace it anyway

Graeme
1996

Sent from my phone. Excuse typos!