[C320-list] Seacock of the future

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:14:08 PDT 2020

I would be nervous trusting such automated ideas. Maybe we "old farts" just need to be reminded. How about leaving the kill handle up and install a simple cover on the handle that says something like: "Hey, old fart, did you open the raw water valve?" This would, at least, be a reminder before starting the engine. Then, perhaps the effort of reaching under the mattress, opening the cover, and reaching in to the valve just might make us think to go up and check the overboard discharge once the engine starts.
Ha, ha...
Warren & Pattie Updike
C320 1994 #62 “Warr de Mar”
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)