[C320-list] Transmission lubricant

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:44:54 PDT 2020

I like to change mine when I change my engine oil, which is every Fall.  I
use ATF oil rec'ed for a Perkins, and it's very reasonably priced, given
how little my trans takes.  Figure it's a good time, since I my vacuum pump
is right there.  But know I'm prob changing my trans too early, as I only
put about 30 hours on the iron genny a season, but like to err on side of
caution with my engine, and get any moisture out early, as well as force me
to check the trans fluid level.  Might be a stupid question, but there is
no harm in changing the trans fluid that often, is there?
-Christian Caperton
1994 C320 #138 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL