[C320-list] Riddle me this - a battery charger question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 8 16:06:14 PDT 2020

Hi Dean:

I’m not familiar with that model, but I’m assuming it is one set up to charge two banks. In that case, check the manual for settings. There usually is a way to channel  30 amps to one bank or 15 to each of two banks.

It sounds like 30 amps is being directed to bank one and nothing to bank two.

A test: turn off the fridge and turn the selector switch to off. When you turn on the charger, you should read 13.8 to 14.2 volts on each battery because the charger should bypass the selector switch. If bank 2 is still 12.5 or whatever, that confirms the above.

In addition to the charger settings, make sure the two positive leads from the charger are individually connected to each of the battery connection posts in the port cockpit locker.

Hope this helps.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl