[C320-list] Diesel Filter Changing Intervals

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 05:58:34 PDT 2020

I first changed my filters right after buying our boat.  I was concerned when the previous owner informed me he had never changed them (owned I think 6 years).  However, when changing them I was surprised how clean things seemed.  I just changed my filters again after 3 seasons .... Again seemingly very clean.  In the meantime I have checked my Racor very frequently and rarely drained very minor amounts of water/slime. Since my boat is 1994 I feel I should at least fully drain and polish the fuel, but haven't "bit the bullet" on doing that yet.
I use a 10 micron racor filter and a Perkins OEM engine filter.  Does anyone know what micron the Perkins spin on filter is?  I think I read somewhere previously it is 2 micron, but Perkins won't reply to my inquiry about this.

Dave Hupe1994 C320 #32Holland, MI