[C320-list] Fuel filter micron sizes?

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Tue Aug 11 07:07:32 PDT 2020

For 15 years I’ve always used the 10 micron on the Racor.  I’m not really sure what the standard Yanmar secondary filter size is.  Given that I have gotten 6 years out of a 10 micron primary, I couldn’t see going to anything larger than that.  Given that my secondary filter was absolutely pristine, I’m doubtful if it is much smaller than 10 micron.  I believe Jeff Hare put out a discussion of the pros and cons of different size Racor elements not long ago.  As I recall, the significance of it was that given the much larger size of the Racor to the secondary filter, to avoid clogging up the whole works, he advocated putting the smaller micron size on the primary filter, and using the same or slightly larger micron size on the secondary…….I’m sure the thread is in the archives.

Joe Luciano
Second Wind