[C320-list] Plumbers tape or sealer suggestion

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:36:44 PDT 2020

Dan

That particular leak can be a really tricky one, assuming your pump is
similar to mine, you should have a blue 15mm pex line coming into a pex
fitting that is either threaded into the pump or has a o-ring quick
connect. The pex side can leak, the threads can leak, the fitting can crack
(had this problem) and leak, the pump itself can leak and implicate a
perfectly fine fitting.     I ended up replacing the both the threaded pex
fitting and the pump quick connect and that did it for me.   I doubt
plumbers tape or dope will resolve the leak that occurs there...may slow it
down but it will leak again.

Troy Dunn
Hull#514