[C320-list] Head backing up

Chris Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 19 23:47:46 PDT 2020

On the assumption you are confident the tank is not full...

First check your holding tanks pressure release outlet - small Stainless steel cover on the stbd side amidships just below the toerail. This has a mesh screen that can easily get clogged - unscrew and clean.

If that does not work then try using your head with the deck pump out slightly open to relieve pressure. If the head is ok then the pressure release pipe will likely be blocked. You might clear it with pressure from the outside (but beware too much because you can blow the pipe off the fittings. Or else try a thin  flexible Cable / conduit tool.

Chris