[C320-list] Water under Sewage Holding Tank

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:27:27 PDT 2020

I also belong to this club and am in a multi-year effort to join the "dry
bilge" group.  So far, I have

--Installed PYI dripless shaft seal
--Rebedded all chainplates (all rebedding done with butyl rubber)
--Rebedded salon overhead hatch
--Rebedded all lifeline stanchions
--Replaced all seven opening portlights with the newer improved design
Lewmars
--Rebedded fixed portlight in aft berth
--Rebedded mast support post plate
--Rebedded forward hatch
--Replaced gasket in emergency tiller cover
--Checked all fresh water tank fittings, hoses and connections

I have yet to rebed the propane tank locker.

I also have yet to completely stop ingress of water into the nether-bilge,
although it has slowed.  Like others, I use a wet vac to suck it up on
occasion.  Seems like it can appear from sailing and/or rain and/or boat
washing.  Also like others, I am not brave enough to taste it (even though
I am pretty sure it is not from the holding tank).

At some point there will be nothing else I can do (and these things
probably all need to be done anyway on a boat as old as mine).  I will then
follow Christian's idea of a cordless wet vac which will at least be easier
than dragging my corded wet vac out.

We still love the boat and this group!

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206