[C320-list] Water under Sewage Holding Tank

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Aug 24 17:41:09 PDT 2020

Jeff,

I just fixed a similar leak which turned out to be the forward deck fill. Believe it or not... The water was dripping down onto the fiberglass compartment behind the table seating area, and running down towards the head. It filled up the aft cubby behind the seat back above the sewage tank and then overflowed into the same area you found. At first thought it was chainplates and them I found the wood strips on the hull side were wet.

On Sunday morning I rebedded the fill port. We had two torrential down pours yesterday evening and today. No more leak. Dry as a bone.

If you feel up under the deck right aft of the bulkhead, you can feel if it's wet in there after a rain storm.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us