[C320-list] How far offshore?

Diane Fowler dianeflr at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 11:10:17 PDT 2020

All good advice; but what I worry about is ports and hatches failing in large waves.

I raced your Isla Mujeres, Mexico, aboard a Tartan 4100.  His ports & hatches Are trimmed in stainless steel and we reinforced bow hatch with plywood before heading out.
Water is heavy!

We took Windy City from Florida to the berry islands in May 2018 in 25K winds on the nose.   NOT comfortable. The flat bottom slamming against the waves shook everything loose on the boat and all my ports and hatches leaked and they had never leaked before...

Previous comments about going to wind are correct. When we are out in 20 not winds, the wing Keel just doesn't do well. We slide sideways.

Best wishes!  Watch the weather carefully.

Windy City, #948

Captain Diane Fowler, CRS, GRI, e-PRO

Nautical Realty Group, Inc.
Let me help make your sale a breeze.