[C320-list] Vibration at 1000 RPMs and Perkins Injectors?

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Sat Dec 12 05:29:46 PST 2020

Max RPMs on the Perkins is somewhere between 3,400 and 3,500. If you are only getting 2,700, it sounds like a fuel restriction issue. I just chased a hard start problem (injectors), followed by reduced RPMs under load (I could get 2,100). My reduced RPMs was an issue with my injection pump. I had all of my injectors rebuilt ($240) and my injection pump rebuilt ($360) and everything seems to work fine now, though I winterized after a brief sea trial, so I did not get an extended test under load. We usually only use it to get it and out of the slip, though, so I am happy.

Good luck. It took me forever to get this figured out.

Jeff Smith
’94, #121