[C320-list] Lightning

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 14 11:42:18 PST 2020

The consensus I’ve read from lightning experts is that the dissipators probably don’t do any good, although there’s no definitive proof either way. A lightning bolt is just too powerful to be diffused by a small metal brush on the top of the mast.

But, frankly, their guess and your guess is as good as my guess. If it makes you feel better, it may be worth the price.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10