[C320-list] 320 vs. something just a little bigger

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 18 14:45:39 PST 2020

Hi Troy:

We don’t necessarily disagree. The devil is in the details.

I guess what I’m saying, to be more specific, is that a 40K 320 that needs a lot of updating and refitting is probably not a better deal than a 55K 320 that is in great condition.

I bought my 1998 320 for 22.5K (that’s not a misprint) and, overall, it looked great. But it was a foreclosure and someone had done random sabotage that made the boat difficult to sell. Also, it was in All Original Condition.

Well, 25K (I’ve really lost track) and a lot of sweat equity later, I have a great boat. I know it well from bow to stern. But, if there had been a 320 available for 55K in great condition, it would have been a more sensible buy for me.

The really bad situation is when you pay 50K for that deteriorating boat and then discover, maybe due to a sloppy survey, you have to put in another 20K or so to get it right.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10