[C320-list] Installing Solar Vents in Hatch Glass

Rick Smith ricksmith4333 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:33:39 PST 2020

I installed mine just to the left of the sliding hatch cover on the deck
many years ago -- the Marinco version -- they have had problems over the
years with the motors working for a few years and then dying...but they've
been good at replacing them until recently when they said "too many years
out of warranty" which I understood and no argument here -- so bought a new
version of the old vent and installed it -- similar to but not the same as
prior -- happily the same size hole as before (there are two versions -- be
careful what you order if you're replacing)

One vent keeps my boat fresh and dry -- with the help of a small heater that
sits in the cabin and set to kick in when it gets cold enough (often the
case) and the combo prevents moisture build up especially during change of
seasons when it's chilly and night and turns warmer during the morning/day.

Rick Smith
Layla #136
Lake Lanier, GA, where we sail ALL year round!