[C320-list] Windlass question

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 12:08:16 PST 2020

Scott

Not a lot of help perhaps, but I have all chain rode and a smooth capstan. I find that if i take two turns around the capstan and then pull upwards - whilst standing with my foot on the switch - there is enough friction to make raising the anchor very light work indeed. If I try three turns then it will wind itself but very soon you get a riding turn and have to stop.

Having said that, I generally get my wife to gently motor forward and simply pull up the chain by hand. The replacement of my original CQR with a lightweight Fortress makes this a lot easier!!

Graeme
1996, #366