[C320-list] Windlass question

sail-ability at sympatico.ca sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 23 15:56:04 PST 2020

That winch is no longer manufactured and the gypsy kit no longer available. The previous owner of my boat was able to snare a gypsy kit and have it installed. Works great but doesn’t help U.
I’ve seen the winch drum taped up with heavy duty rubber (truck tire inner tube) to help grab the chain rode. Works OK but not ideal. I’d stay with the nylon rode and 30/40 feet of chain. That’s how that windless was designed to work. If you’re insisting on all chain rode, get another windlass. There R manual ones which work well.
JohnM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone