[C320-list] Windlass question

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 06:51:39 PST 2020

Scott

In Response to your point 3,  I would reiterate considering a Fortress aluminum alloy anchor. I’ve been very happy with mine which is used regularly on a variety of holdings such as sand, mud and even weedy bottoms!
Provided someone else can motor the boat forwards to take the tension off the chain, you are then effectively only lifting the weight of the chain over your depth plus freeboard
I think typical chain weight is about a pound per foot

But I don’t want to start an anchor debate. It’s just s solution that works for me (in my mid 60s!)

Graeme
1996, #366

Sent from my phone. Excuse typos!