[C320-list] Trojan battery installation

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:12:40 PST 2020

Jack,

I am in the process of totally upgrading the electrical system in our boat
and will write up a complete report when I am hopefully done later this
spring.  I owe so many people on this list it will be hard to acknowledge
them all but I will try once I am finished.

However, I did install the T-105s in our boat without many problems and
have just uploaded a few pics to our Owner's Album under an "Electrical
Upgrades" sub album (please note that I an not through cleaning up some
wiring in the battery compartments).  I extended the existing battery trays
about an inch using resin and cloth per the C320 list (can't recall who to
attribute this to at the moment).  I then made battery hold downs kind of
like the original boards that came across the 4Ds in the boat except I
added a notched block to keep the Trojans wedged against the inboard side
of the trays (the Trojans are narrower than the 4Ds that took up the entire
athwartship width of the trays).

The only issue I see with the Trojans is that the 5/16-18 threaded posts
are short, I'm sure to discourage putting too many lugs on each post.
Right now I am just using the nuts that came with the batteries (without
lock nut) but I have flanged serrated lock nuts on the way.  This is the
way Blue Sea components come today, using these flanged lock nuts without
lock washers.  They have their reasons and I will go with those.

I did not have any height issues with the Trojans.

Mine is a '95 model and close enough to yours that I thought this might
help.

Regards,

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206