[C320-list] Trojan battery installation

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:59:19 PST 2020

Jack

Agree that port to starboard is the best orientation for lower profile
batteries designed for marine applications.  If you can make that
orientation work for you that’s probably best.

The taller case 6V GC2s are designed for more demanding orientation.  than
the 10-15° of heel that equates to best performance for the 320.   RC
briefly discusses this advantage of the GC2s in the battery orientation
article you are referring to, but he doesn’t get super specific on how much
added benefit the higher case provides.    The fill caps are pretty much
centered on the US Battery US2200s so there’s no improvement in spill
protection in any orientation.  Since others have successfully oriented the
GC2s from bow to stern on their 320s and have not complained about
shortened battery life or noticeable change in capacity I decided to go
that route too.    If the batteries pooch early I’ll have to revisit this
compromise, but after 1 season the batteries are still doing great.

Cheers