[C320-list] Cabin light fixtures

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:46:46 PST 2020

Warren,
My hull is #138, my fixtures were NOT halogen, but traditional car dome
style incandescent bullet lights.  My two center cabin lights are the same
as the side lights and galley lights (minus the fluorescent light above the
stove).  The LunaSea 9 LED model fit just fine (plenty of room).  I used
red lights in the two center, and warm white on the side and galley
lights.  Am VERY happy with the color of the warm white (can't even tell
they are LED).

Here is the PDF giving the measurements of the 9 LED light:
https://www.lunasealighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/LLx-189x-21-xx.pdf

It has the width as 23mm, or .92", should you want to measure your domes.

I'm sure you know this, but be VERY careful popping the dome lens' off as
they have gotten brittle over the years, and are no longer available.
Inside the dome lens there is a rubber o-ring.  I lightly greased mine to
keep it from rotting.  And since the LED lights don't need to be replaced
as often, I coated the bullet of the LED light with some dielectric grease
to minimize corrosion.

-Christian Caperton
1994 C320 #138 "Canuck"
Chicago, IL Monroe Harbor