[C320-list] Perkins M30 diesel water temperature sending units

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:16:30 PST 2020

Bob

Unfortunately my 320 has a Yanmar engine so take my advice with a grain of
salt.

Typically a 'sender' operates a gauge, and a 'switch' operates an alarm.
I suppose you could incorporate a sender and a switch into a single device.
  Not sure how your engine is configured.  Switches do fail, and if the
sender is still good but the switch has failed you would get the situation
you are describing.  Your hull is quite old,  it's entirely possible your
controls are no longer configured with the original senders and switches.

Hopefully someone with your engine will chime in soon.

I know you included your Hull# in the body of your email.  Be sure to
always include that in your signature line so folks can determine how
closely your hull is to theirs.   The 320 has changed quite a bit over the
years.

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the neighborhood.  GYB is one of
our typical overnight trips.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514
Wonky Dog