[C320-list] Perkins M30 diesel water temperature sending units

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:19:09 PST 2020

Thanks Charlie,  for your response.

My next trip to the boat I will be testing the sender, wiring, connectors, alarm & horn,
and determine the thread size on the water pump sender & see if I locate a new sender.

I've changed several raw water impellers this season.
First 10-blade lasted 39 hours, 2nd 6-blade 8 hours & current 10-blade 9 hours already has 2 deformed blades.
I grease them before inserting in the pump.  These are Jabsco impellers 18673-0001/0002.

The boat is in a wet slip, winterized diesel.
I will change the fuel filters in April.
Question is which filters.
Currently the primary is a Racor 24S 2 micron & the secondary Perkins 130366020 (4429491) 25 microns.

The marina's diesel guy says the 2 micron primary is starving the diesel & should change both filters to
Racor 24T 10 micron and secondary NAPA 3386 10 microns.

The boat came with the 24S & Perkins, I not sure I want to make a change in filters.

What fuel filters are you using on on your Perkins M30?

Bob Borelli
C320 #209
Maryland