[C320-list] Marelon Thru Hull Replacement Part

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 06:02:58 PST 2020

 This link from Forespar about their Marelon valves may help  https://www.forespar.com/OEM-Valves.shtml  If there is any doubt, about the model you need make sure to talk to Catalina Direct or Catalina Yachts.
My boat is 1994 and still has all the original valves except one.   The handle on one seeped slightly when I turned it.  Forespar sent me free kits last year that contain 2 O-rings and lube that are used to easily service the valve handle and eliminate that type leak.
Some simple routine opening/closing and maintenance/lubrication of these valves  is essentially all that is needed.  Replacing them all should not be needed especially since your boat is newer than mine by many tears.
If you do indeed decide to replace the valves for you own peace of mind, I would suggest "biting the bullet" and also have the associated thru hulls replaced at the same time to know the job is really done.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI