[C320-list] Drain aqua lift muffler? Engine won't start after charging batteries overnight

Kevin Rooney krooney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:23:26 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I got to the boat (1995, #211) yesterday evening and tried to start the
engine to no avail. I found that my AGM batteries were low (they're only
2-years-old), which led me to realize that the shore power line was ajar
enough to keep juice from getting to the boat.

The fridge had been running down the batteries for 4 days in hot weather.

I let the batteries charge overnight. They appear to be OK now. I don't
know much about electrical stuff but it certainly seems that it should now
start the engine with one battery showing a voltage of 12.6 and the other
12.4.

Photos of voltmeter: http://kevjot.com/boat/battery.jpg

Might I need to drain the Aqua Lift muffler because of too much cranking?
If so, how do I do that?

Of any other ideas?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.