[C320-list] Drain aqua lift muffler? Engine won't start after charging batteries overnight

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 09:03:21 PDT 2020

 That is the drain valve.  Drain without the engine running !!
I think you are +80% on your battery charge (for the 12.4 volt).
Dave Hupe1994 C320 (#32)_________________________________________________________________________________________________

    On Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:00:35 PM EDT, Kevin Rooney <krooney at gmail.com> wrote:

 Thank you for the reply, Jeffrey.

Before I just start twisting things can you (or anyone) confirm that this
is what I turn? (see photo at link)

http://kevjot.com/boat/muffler.jpg

If it is, will I hear it drain? In other words, how will I know it worked?

Thanks!

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211
Deale, MD
http://kevjot.com/boat/

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 11:28 AM Jeffrey Brown <oceanblues at mac.com> wrote:

> Kevin
> There should be a little valve at the low point of the muffler, just open
> it up.
> Jeff Brown
> "Out of the blue" Dana Point, CA
> Catalina 320, Hull 78
> (949) 350-5123
> oceanblues at mac.com
>

> > On Jul 3, 2020, at 8:23 AM, Kevin Rooney <krooney at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I got to the boat (1995, #211) yesterday evening and tried to start the
> > engine to no avail. I found that my AGM batteries were low (they're only
> > 2-years-old), which led me to realize that the shore power line was ajar
> > enough to keep juice from getting to the boat.
> >
> > The fridge had been running down the batteries for 4 days in hot weather.
> >
> > I let the batteries charge overnight. They appear to be OK now. I don't
> > know much about electrical stuff but it certainly seems that it should
> now
> > start the engine with one battery showing a voltage of 12.6 and the other
> > 12.4.
> >
> > Photos of voltmeter: http://kevjot.com/boat/battery.jpg
> >
> > Might I need to drain the Aqua Lift muffler because of too much cranking?
> > If so, how do I do that?
> >
> > Of any other ideas?
> >
> > Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks.