[C320-list] Lifeline replacement

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sat Jul 11 09:58:21 PDT 2020

Apart from the hooks that look nothing like the sleek pelican hooks that
came with my boat, that kit appears to only include 4 wires rather than
8, and does not appear to include connectors that are in the factory
original lifelines on my boat at the gate stanchion. Those connectors
keep the lifelines forward of the gate stanchion taught even when the
pelican hooks are disconnected at the stern pulpit. I assume that this
means that each lifeline runs continuously from bow to stern, which
means that if you disconnect the pelican hook at the aft end the entire
lifeline goes slack all the way to the bow. Is that how these work? If
so, then not the same design as the original by any means.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653