[C320-list] Heaving-to

Harry Juris harry at citron-too.com
Sun Jul 26 05:27:57 PDT 2020

Graeme is correct. Like many nautical terms In use today they have carried on as much by tradition as anything else. If you picture your rudder with an imaginary tiller attached to its top (or actually test by attaching the emergency tiller) you will see that when you turn the wheel to windward to tack, the tiller moves to leeward.

Harry Juris
Polar Star
1998 C320 #541
Nyack Boat Club, Nyack, NY